Passionate about user interface and graphic design? Searching for opportunities to grow your career and use your creative powers for good?
We want to meet you!
At Software for Good, we bring people and technology together to solve complex world problems like climate change, housing, health care, human rights, renewable energy, and education. We are a fully remote digital agency founded in Minneapolis, and we develop web and mobile applications for clients including social enterprises, nonprofits, startups, and educational and government entities.
We are expanding our contractor network and looking to connect with designers who are eager to work on inclusive, ethical technology that has a positive social impact. Our ideal collaborator is enthusiastic about our mission, looking for an opportunity to flex their design skills, and thoughtful about the impact of technology and the biases of people who create it.
We’re looking for new skills and perspectives to add to our contractor network. We strive to include people from underrepresented backgrounds, and would love to know what specific talents you could bring to our mission-driven client projects.
Contract designers help our team develop beautiful, usable, empathy-driven, and impactful digital experiences. Generally, we extend the opportunity for work on an as-needed basis, and aren’t able to guarantee a regular number of hours.
The work will likely include:
• Creating design mockups of digital experiences in Sketch, InVision, Figma, Photoshop, Webflow, and/or the tools you are most comfortable with
• Creating responsive web designs that put users’ needs first
• Working closely with our product strategy team — including a product owner and UX and content strategists — to plan and review the design work, making sure it fits with the overall strategic vision for the project and aligns with the mission of Software for Good
• Working with clients to understand their goals and make their ideas tangible
• Incorporating feedback from both clients and potential users
• Contributing ideas to overall product success, including making recommendations based on common design patterns and best practices
• Working with our team to evaluate designs for inclusion and accessibility
Wondering if this opportunity is a good fit for you? We think we have a lot to offer, including the chance to do meaningful work alongside people who really care and a positive, casual work environment with a fully remote team. You can see some of our past projects here.
Software for Good’s company values are:
• Open and honest communication
• Holding ourselves and others accountable for high-integrity work
• High employee quality of life
• Social justice and inclusion
Tell us why you’re interested in the role by sending the following to email@example.com:
• Your portfolio
• Your contracting rate
• A little bit about why you’re interested in Software for Good, including any personal causes or experience that draw you to for-good work (we may reach out for future projects based on your particular interest in the client’s mission)