At Software for Good, we bring people and technology together to solve complex world problems like climate change, housing, health care, human rights, renewable energy, and education. We are a fully remote digital agency founded in Minneapolis, and we develop web and mobile applications for clients including social enterprises, nonprofits, startups, and educational and government entities.
We want to meet you!
We are expanding our contractor network and looking to connect with mobile developers who are eager to work on inclusive, ethical technology that has a positive social impact. Our ideal collaborator is enthusiastic about our mission, looking for an opportunity to flex their coding skills, and thoughtful about the impact of technology and the biases of people who create it.
We’re looking for new skills and perspectives to add to our network. We strive to include people from underrepresented backgrounds, and would love to know what specific talents you could bring to our mission-driven client projects.
Generally, we extend the opportunity for work on an as-needed basis, and aren’t able to guarantee a regular number of hours.
We work fully remotely, primarily in Central time. For legal and payment reasons, all contractors must be United States citizens or authorized to work in the U.S.
The work will likely include:
• Building mobile applications using iOS, Android, and/or cross-platform programming languages and technologies.
Our mobile work tends to use iOS and Android native development or React Native as determined by the project needs. We welcome contractors who specialize in one of these platforms, as well as those who have worked with a variety of mobile solutions.
• Creating responsive applications that put users’ needs first
• Performing routine maintenance and bug fixing on previously built applications as needed
• Working closely with the rest of our team to make sure features and functionality fit with the overall strategic vision for the project and align with the mission of Software for Good
• Working with clients to understand their goals and make their ideas tangible
• Incorporating feedback from both clients and potential users
• Contributing ideas to overall product success, including making recommendations based on proven best practices
• Working with our team to evaluate products for inclusion and accessibility
Wondering if this opportunity is a good fit for you? We think we have a lot to offer, including the chance to do meaningful work alongside people who really care and a positive, casual work environment with a fully remote team. You can see some of our past projects here.
Software for Good’s company values are:
• Open & honest communication
• Holding ourselves & others accountable for high-integrity work
• High employee quality of life
• Social justice & inclusion
Tell us why you’re interested in the role by sending the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
• Your resume or portfolio
• Contractor rate
• A little bit about why you’re interested in Software for Good, including any personal causes or experience that draw you to for-good work (we may reach out for future projects based on your particular interest in the client’s mission)