A hands-on learning opportunity with real world results.
The Software for Good Intern Cohort is a software internship program designed to mutually benefit up-and-coming professionals and for-good organizations. Our mission is two-fold:
1. Offer mentorship, training, and hands-on experience to students and recent graduates interested in pursuing a technology or design career
2. Provide low-cost services to nonprofits, startups, and other organizations that are using technology to achieve positive social and environmental change
We’re looking for skill, curiosity, and passion (not necessarily in that order).
Each cohort will consist of three to five interns, ideally with a range of complementary skills and interests. As part of the cohort, you will work closely with the other members of your team, a dedicated Software for Good mentor, and the client organization to deliver a professional product.
We welcome your application if you are working on and eager to learn more about front-end development, back-end development, DevOps, and/or other topics in web programming.
Software Development Internship — Summer 2021, June–August
During this internship, you can expect to learn about/use:
• Development best practices, including code reviews and testing
• Pair programming
• Account management and client communication
• Agile workflows
• GitHub, Slack, and other tools of the trade
Cohort members are expected to work 20–30 hours per week, including regular meetings, mentoring sessions, and collaboration with fellow interns. Our core work hours are 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, Central time. We will work with you to arrange a schedule that allows for classes and schoolwork, vacations and holidays, and other work demands as necessary.
Software for Good will provide access to and help getting set up with necessary tools, programs, and software.
Here’s what you can expect from us in return:
• The chance to do work that makes a difference
• Mentorship, training, and hands-on experience
• Course credits plus hourly compensation
• Fun, flexible, casual work environment
• An hourly wage of $18
We expect that this internship will be fully remote and that interns can participate via online and video communication, though we primarily work in Central time. For legal and payment reasons, all interns must be United States citizens or authorized to work in the U.S.
Sound like a good fit?
We accept applications on a rolling basis. We plan to finalize our cohort for the summer internship by .
Please fill out the application at this link to apply for the internship. And good luck!