Please note: We are no longer accepting applications for this position.
At Software for Good, we bring people and technology together to solve complex world problems like climate change, health care, human rights, renewable energy, and education. And we’re hiring!
We’re looking for curiosity, skill, and passion.
Software for Good is a digital agency, and our work includes client and internal products. We are searching for a senior back-end software engineer who is passionate about our mission, eager to learn and experiment with new technology, and an enthusiastic collaborator.
Ideally, you’d also have experience with—or opinions about—some of the other technologies and tools we’re using, though we’re always open to new ideas.
- Python, Elixir/Phoenix
- JS Frontends: Angular, React
- Databases: MySQL, Postgres, Mongo, Redis
- Events and Messaging: Rabbit, Kafka, Resque
- Design Patterns, Architectural and Deployment Patterns
- Automation/DevOps: Ansible, Chef, Capistrano
- Server Infrastructure: AWS, Rackspace, Linux-fu
- Development Strategies: BDD, TDD, Agile Workflows
Wondering if SfG is a good fit for you? We think we have a lot to offer:
- The chance to work on engaging projects you can feel good about (both client work and our own products)
- 40 hour work week (for real)
- Flexible schedule, and the ability to work remotely
- Open to fully remote employees
- Unlimited PTO, which you will be encouraged to take
- 401k and match
- Healthcare coverage for you and your family
- Family-friendly policies including fully paid parental leave
- Education and training budget
- Competitive salary
- A bunch of other great work/life perks that don’t fit neatly into a bulleted list
Software for Good is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome and affirm people from all walks of life. We’d love to know what unique talents and perspectives you could bring to our team and work.
Sound like a good fit? We’d love to hear from you! Send us an email us at email@example.com with:
- Your resume
- Some background on yourself and your interest in the position
- The earliest you could start working