Bursting with ideas and inspiration? Passionate about user experience and user interface design? Searching for opportunities to grow your career and use your creative powers for good?
We want to meet you!
Software for Good is interested in hiring an experienced, full-time Senior Designer who is enthusiastic about our mission, excited about the role of creativity in technology, and looking for a place to flex their design skills.
As a Senior Designer, you will be responsible for helping our team develop beautiful, usable, empathy driven digital experiences with serious impact. You’re someone who can help refine our user experience and creative development processes, sell the importance of UX and visual design to our clients, and deliver high-quality creative work in a fast-paced environment.
This role will likely evolve over time as our team grows, but right now we’re looking for someone to:
- Help us establish UX and design processes that complement our Agile-inspired approach to software development
- Execute on UX and design needs for our clients, from creative strategy to brand development to wireframes to interface design
- Build strong relationships with our clients, creating trust and guiding decision-making
- Move Software for Good’s brand forward through innovative design and marketing initiatives
- Positively represent Software for Good in the creative and technical community
- Make us, and our work, look really really good
We think you’ll be successful in this role and at Software for Good if you are:
- A doer who can move work forward without much oversight
- Skilled in Sketch, InVision, Photoshop and / or other creative development tools
- Someone who understands (and has experience with) user-centric design methods and responsive web design
- Great at working with clients to understand their goals and create experiences they love
- Flexible and collaborative
- A strong visual, verbal, and written communicator
- Comfortable with feedback and willing to shift gears as needed
- Able to take big ideas and turn them into something tangible quickly with little direction
- A true team player with a strong sense of accountability to your team and clients
Ideally, you have previous experience in an agency or on a product development team. Understanding of Agile methodology and software development processes is not required, but it would certainly be swell.
Wondering if SfG is a good fit for you? We think we have a lot to offer:
- The chance to do meaningful work alongside people who really care
- Beautiful, open work space in Minneapolis
- Fun, casual work environment
- All the hardware and software necessary to do your job
- Healthcare and retirement plans
- 40-hour work week (for real)
- Flexibility to work remotely as needed
- Generous PTO policy
- Paid leave for all new parents
- Monday team lunches and snacks to keep you fueled
- Seasonal benefits like cabin use and MN United tickets
Tell us why you’re interested in the role at email@example.com.