Software for Good is looking for an experienced, full-time project manager who is enthusiastic about our mission and work, committed to delivering high-quality software, and who loves working with people to see a project to completion.
As a PM, you’ll manage a variety of software development projects, from complex web applications and mobile apps to marketing websites. This role is critical to our team’s success and our clients’ happiness! On a day to day basis, you can expect to:
- Schedule and lead daily standup meetings with the team
- Help build and maintain the development backlog in partnership with the product stakeholders and the development team
- Develop project schedules and work with the team to meet deadlines
- Work closely with your clients to set weekly priorities
- Act as the account manager and/or partner with others on the team to make sure our clients are happy and seeing regular progress, and that everything we deliver has a bow on it
- Keep track of project hours and client budgets, reporting out to clients and leadership on an ongoing basis
- Maintain regular communication, providing direction and action items by sharing notes from meetings, sending regular client updates and periodically checking in, and helpfully organizing information to keep everyone on the same page
Basically, you’ll be herding all the cats on all the projects.
Wondering if you’re a good fit for this role at SfG?
If you are, that last line about herding cats didn’t freak you out. Because you are great with cats. Cats are your favorite! (There are no actual cats at Software for Good). We think you’ll be wildly successful in this position if you are also:
- Super organized
- Self-motivated, and able to motivate others to do great work
- A strong communicator who knows when to use Slack and when to pick up the phone
- A skilled relationship builder
- A huge fan of process
- Comfortable using project management tools
- An honest-to-goodness team player
- Interested in working hard and having fun
- Excited about using technology to change the world
Ideally, you have worked in a similar role before (3+ years would be swell), and have a solid grasp of Agile methodology and software development processes. We need someone who is excited to jump in and make things happen—quickly and effectively.
Wondering if SfG is a good fit for you?
We think we have a lot to offer:
- The chance to work on engaging projects you can feel good about
- 40-hour work week (for real)
- Flexible schedule, and the ability to work remotely when needed
- Unlimited PTO, which you will be encouraged to take
- 401k and match
- Healthcare coverage for you and your family
- Family-friendly policies including fully paid parental leave
- Education and training budget
- Competitive salary
- A bunch of other great work/life perks that don’t fit neatly into a bulleted list
We’d love to hear from you! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.