Are you a big-picture thinker who also loves the details? Passionate about empathy-driven user experience and product development? Searching for opportunities to use your strategic powers for good?
We want to meet you!
We’re looking for curiosity, skill, and passion.
Software for Good is a product and software development agency, and our work includes client and internal products. We are searching for an experienced, full-time product strategist who is enthusiastic about our mission, excited about building products that fulfill clients’ and users’ needs, and looking for a place to flex their strategy and user experience skills.
As product strategist, you will be responsible for developing roadmaps for unique, impactful products, and executing those roadmaps by directing user experience, design, and content. You’re an innovator and a doer — someone who can help refine our product strategy and user experience processes, conduct user research and testing, and create empathy-driven experiences in collaboration with our team.
This role will likely evolve over time as our team grows, but we’re looking for someone to:
- Lead and execute on product needs for our clients, from high-level product roadmaps to UX design and strategy
- Facilitate meetings with clients to understand product users, priorities, product principles, and features
- Provide direction on information architecture and UX through wireframes, sitemaps, or other deliverables as needed
- Collaborate with designers, copywriters, developers, and clients to execute on product and UX strategy
- Build strong relationships with our clients, creating trust and guiding decision-making
- Positively represent Software for Good in the creative and technical community
We think you’ll be successful in this role and at Software for Good if you are:
- As good at execution as you are direction
- Great at working with clients to understand their goals and create experiences they love
- Flexible and collaborative
- A strong visual, verbal, and written communicator
- Comfortable with feedback and willing to shift gears as needed
- Able to take big ideas and turn them into something tangible quickly with little direction
- A true team player
Ideally, you have previous experience in an agency or on a product development team. Understanding of Agile methodology and software development processes is not required, but it would certainly be swell.
Wondering if SfG is a good fit for you?
We think we have a lot to offer:
- The chance to work on engaging projects you can feel good about (both client work and our own products)
- 40-hour work week (for real)
- Flexible schedule, and the ability to work remotely when needed
- Unlimited PTO, which you will be encouraged to take
- 401k and match
- Healthcare coverage for you and your family
- Family-friendly policies including fully paid parental leave
- Education and training budget
- Competitive salary
- A bunch of other great work/life perks that don’t fit neatly into a bulleted list
Sound like a fit? We’d love to learn more about you! Send us an email us at email@example.com with:
- Your resume
- Some background on yourself and your interest in the position
- Your salary requirements (to help us start the conversation)
- The earliest you could start working