Please note: We are no longer accepting applications for this position.
Passionate about user interface and user experience design? Searching for opportunities to grow your career and use your creative powers for good?
We want to meet you!
At Software for Good, we bring people and technology together to solve complex world problems like climate change, housing, health care, human rights, renewable energy, and education. We are a fully remote digital agency founded in Minneapolis, and we develop web and mobile applications for clients including social enterprises, nonprofits, startups, and educational and government entities.
We are hiring a human-centered designer who is eager to work on inclusive, ethical technology that has a positive social impact. Our ideal collaborator is enthusiastic about our mission, skilled at creating beautiful and empathy-driven experiences, and thoughtful about the impact of technology and the biases of people who create it.
We strive to include people from underrepresented backgrounds, and would love to know what specific talents you could bring to our mission-driven client projects.
The work will likely include:
• Creating design mockups of digital experiences in Sketch, InVision, Figma, Photoshop, Webflow, and/or the tools you are most comfortable with
• Creating responsive web designs that put people’s needs first
• Working with our team to evaluate designs for inclusion and accessibility
• Facilitating strategy sessions and activities to help us determine what to build and why — journey mapping, sketching, etc.
• Working closely with our product strategy team to plan and review design work, making sure it fits with the overall strategic vision for the project and aligns with the mission of Software for Good
• Working with clients to understand their goals and make their ideas tangible
• Incorporating feedback from both clients and people who may use the product
• Contributing ideas to overall product success, including making recommendations based on common design patterns and proven best practices
• Shepherding design and UX through the launch of the product
Wondering if Software for Good is a good fit for you? We think we have a lot to offer:
• The chance to work on engaging projects you can feel good about
• A fully remote team, and open to working with employees beyond our home base of Minneapolis (who are authorized to work in the United States)
• Flexible schedule with standard core team hours and the ability to work when you’re most productive
• 40-hour work week (for real)
• Unlimited PTO, which you will be encouraged to take
• 401k and match
• Healthcare and dental coverage for you and your family
• Family-friendly policies including fully paid parental leave
• Education and training budget
• Home office setup budget (including providing devices to meet people’s needs and preferences)
• Potential for bonuses based on company performance
• A bunch of other great work/life perks that don’t fit neatly into a bulleted list
Software for Good’s company values are:
• Open & honest communication
• Holding ourselves & others accountable for high-integrity work
• High employee quality of life
• Social justice & inclusion
Salary range: Starting at $70,000
Sound like a good fit? We’d love to hear from you! Send us an email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with:
• Your resume
• Some background on yourself and your interest in the position
• The earliest you could start working