A small investment with big impact.
Software for Good’s apprenticeship program is designed to mutually benefit up-and-coming professionals and for-good organizations. Our mission is two-fold:
1. Offer mentorship, training, and hands-on experience to students and recent graduates interested in pursuing a technology or software development career
2. Provide low-cost software development, strategy, and/or design services to nonprofits, startups, and other organizations that are using technology to achieve positive social and environmental change
We’re looking for mission-based organizations with a critical development need, a flexible timeline, and a lot of patience.
The selected organization will work closely with a team of three to five apprentices and a dedicated Software for Good program manager to build a new website or software application, develop features for an existing platform, or conduct research and design thinking for a technology project. Each apprentice is expected to commit to 30 hours per week for 10–12 weeks.
What kind of commitment does this involve?
Your organization will need to have clear goals, a signed statement of work, and a designated point of contact for reviews and approvals. We also ask that you make time for an hour-long weekly iteration meeting with the cohort at Software for Good.
Finally, we typically ask the selected organization for a small financial contribution at the start of our engagement to help pay apprentices an hourly wage.
Here’s what you can expect as part of this program:
• High-quality development and/or design work for a small investment
• The satisfaction of knowing you helped provide hands-on experience to early-career professionals
• The full support of the SfG team, and our commitment to quality
• An experienced program manager to keep your project on track
• A finished product that can move your mission forward — a launched website or application, or a strategic and design direction for your project
Tell us why you’d be the perfect partner organization!
Please use our contact form to tell us more about your organization, goals, budget, and development needs. An informational meeting will be scheduled with organizations whose mission and needs feel like a good fit for the program.